NEWS Victim's Rights Information -- Resources if you've been a victim of a major crime

People who have been a victim of a felony or any other crime for which the offender, upon conviction, may be punished by imprisonment for more than one year are eligible for a variety of assistance. Victims of crimes that are reported to have occurred on the University of Michigan campus may seek assistance from the resources listed below.

If emergency medical aid is necessary, it may be obtained at University Health Service (734) 763-4511, University Hospital Emergency Room (734) 936-6666, or St. Joseph Hospital Emergency Room (734) 712-3000. Transportation to these services is available through local emergency medical service by dialing 911.

Other available resources include:
Sexual Assault Prevention & Awareness Center (SAPAC) at (734) 998-9368 or Crisis Line at (734) 936-3333
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at (734) 764-8312
Office of Student Conflict Resolution (OSCR) at (734) 936-6308
Dean of Students Office at (734) 764-7420
Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FASAP) at (734) 936-8660

Information regarding victim/witness assistance is available 24 hours a day by contacting the Department of Public Safety at (734) 763-3434.

Victim's compensation benefits may be available under certain conditions. To apply or obtain additional information, contact: Crime Victim's Compensation Board
Lewis Cass Building
320 South Walnut Street
Lansing, MI 48933
Phone: Toll Free (877) 251-7373 or (517) 373-7373

Information pertaining to victim's rights also may be obtained by contacting the Washtenaw County Prosecuting Attorney's Office:
Prosecutor Brian L. Mackie
P.O. Box 8645
200 N. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48107
Phone: (734) 222-6620
Victim/Witness Unit: (734) 222-6650

updated on Jan 31 2011 00:00

Click [here] for more news...