Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2011-0643 / U-M DPS|
Date of Incident:
|Feb. 24, 2011, about 10:15pm|
|south of Towsley Child Care Center (722 South Forest, between Willard and Hill streets)|
| (updated on Feb 25 2011 01:00)|
As two students were walking southbound on the west side of the street, an unknown man ran up behind them. The man attempted to take a purse from one woman's shoulder. She fought him off and retained her purse before he continued running southbound. She was not injured.
|1: White male; college-aged; 5'11" – 6' tall; medium build; wearing a blue surgical mask over his face; a tan, suede jacket; blue jeans; gym shoes; and a dark, knit cap.|
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...