Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2011-4 / AAPD (#11-1456)|
Date of Incident:
|March 12, 2011 about 3am|
|Off campus 1300 block of Hill Street near Olivia|
| (updated on Mar 12 2011 10:15)|
As told to the Ann Arbor Police, a student said he was walking alone when he was approached by two males who asked for money. He gave them $5 and they pushed him to the ground and took his cell phone before fleeing in an unknown direction.
|One white male and one dark-skinned male, both 5'8 to 5'9". No other description available at this time.|
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
or the ANN ARBOR POLICE DEPARTMENT Tip Line (734) 794-6939 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...