Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2011-11 / AAPD (#11-4539)|
Date of Incident:
|July 17, 2011 about 2:30am|
|East University near Hill St, in front of Sam Wyly Hall|
| (updated on Jul 17 2011 06:00)|
As told to the Ann Arbor Police, a student was walking with a companion, when five males exited a silver sedan and approached him. One punched him and the victim struck his head on the ground when he fell. The males returned to the vehicle and fled southbound. The student was taken to the U-M Emergency Department.
|Five black males. No other description at this time.|
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
or the ANN ARBOR POLICE DEPARTMENT Tip Line (734) 794-6939 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...