Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2011-15 / AAPD (#11-41065)|
Date of Incident:
|August 27, 2011 about 2:10am|
|Off-campus 600 block of Church St.|
| (updated on Aug 27 2011 10:28)|
As told to the Ann Arbor Police, a large group of people were gathered around a fight between 2 people outside of a bar. As the group began to disperse there was an unconfirmed report of a possible gunshot coming from the crowd. 1 person was injured in the fight (injury was not from gunshot). Several conflicting descriptions of the suspect with the gun were given by witnesses at the scene.
|Black male, possibly bald or with dread locks, wearing an orange, black or red t-shirt, with gray sweat pants.|
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
or the ANN ARBOR POLICE DEPARTMENT Tip Line (734) 794-6939 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...