Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2011-16 / U-M DPS (11-2505)|
Date of Incident:
|Sept. 2, 2011 about 11:30pm|
|South side of Chemistry Building on Diag|
| (updated on Sep 03 2011 01:00)|
A male was approached by four males, punched and kicked to the ground. They stole the victim's wallet, phone and ID before they fled northeast toward C.C.Little. Additionally within the same hour, the Ann Arbor Police received two similar reports of unarmed robberies in nearby off-campus locations (Washtenaw at South University avenues and East University Ave. at Hill St.). The vague descriptions in the off-campus incidents were of a group of black males.
|Four white males. One suspect wearing a white t-shirt and blue or black shorts, one wearing a white tank top and white ball cap, and one wearing black shorts, black shirt and black hat. Unknown information on fourth person.|
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...