Click [here] for printable version.
CRIME ALERT: University of Michigan Police
|2011-20 / U-M DPS|
Date of Incident:
|Sept. 18, 2011 between 1am and 11am|
|1100, 1400 and 1500 blocks of McIntyre Dr (Northwood IV) and 2500 block of Stone Dr|
| (updated on Sep 20 2011 14:50)|
Two additional similar reports have been received by DPS for home invasions in the same time period (Sept 18 between 1am and 9am). Both additional incidents occurred in the 2500 block of Stone Drive (Northwood V). Entry apparently was made through unlocked sliding patio doors while the residents slept. Backpacks with wallets, athletic shoes and other personal property were taken.
(updated on Sep 18 2011 00:00)
Residents in three apartments on McIntyre Dr (Northwood IV) reported that overnight while they were sleeping upstairs, personal property was taken from the first floor of their apartments. They reported the incidents to police Sunday afternoon. In each incident, entry apparently was made through the unlocked sliding glass door (the security bar had not been in place either). A digital camera, computers, cash and cell phone were taken.
|No information at this time.|
If you have any information:
Please contact U-M POLICE (UMPD) at (734) 763-1131 or dial 9-1-1
- If you see a suspect, do not approach--call police.
- Always keep your doors locked, even while at home.
- Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
- Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
- Walk with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
- Trust your intuition. If a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose an alternative.
- Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence.
- If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light emergency phone or call 9-1-1 from any phone (no coins need for 9-1-1 calls).
- Confidential TIP line 1-800-863-1355.
Click [here] for more news...